View Single Post
Old
11-25-2010, 12:20 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Someone pointed this out in another thread. Why is that Phoenix, who has about the same talent level, seems to be able to win games and we can't?
I assume you're implying that we have a lower level of talent like Phoenix, when compared to the top teams in the NHL. I agree.

However, if every team adapted this mindset of "We have a low level of talent but still should be a top team" who's going to lose the games?

Every year, there are a couple of teams that overachieve based on their talent level... Phoenix is the obvious one this year. Many many years, we were the model overachiever.

So far this year, it hasn't happened.

Poile says he wants to get everyone healthy to ***** the team. Well, that time will probably never come. You're not unlucky if you have injuries; you're very lucky if you don't have injuries.

Personally, I think this team is far off. Past Suter and Weber, we have a bunch of #6 defenseman, and even some that belong in the AHL. Scoring ability is atricious. Poile made our bed with guys like Erat, Legwand, Dumont, and simply, it was the wrong move to dump that kind of money in those guys for the long term. Our up and coming talent offensive talent, we have Wilson, and well, no one really.

Our hopes of making the playoffs every year will be dependent on Rinne standing on his head, and Trotz milking all he can out of a low level talent group.

So this Thanksgiving, we'll give thanks to Mitch Korn, the most overlooked person in this organization, and hope he continues to work miracles with our goalies.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote