Old
11-25-2010, 01:41 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Word.

I know kids who grew up great in spite of horrible parenting. Homer is like the bad parent, and the Flyers are the kid.

The Randy Jones mess will never be forgotten and the Walker/Shelly offseason is one to forget. Just like the Metropolit/Vannenen off season preceeding it.

Having a little hot streak now is not an excuse for horrid moves like sending Umberger packing, hiring idiot stick, trading a first rounder for Emminger and all the other miriad of moves I've hated.

I admit the OKT for Leino deal impresses me big time but I feel that where he and his team need praise is in their scouting and drafting. Look at the key pieces of this team right now and see how many of them are either draft picks or undrafted fa signings. When is the last time this team bombed on a first round draft pick? It sure makes me wonder who we could have had instead of Emminger that's for sure.
I though Umberger move was fine. Got a mid first for him, and we couldnt really afford to keep him at the time.

Upshall and a 2nd for Carcillo sucked, and only happened because he couldnt manage the LTIR with the cap.

Also trading a 2nd with Gauthier instead of leaving him in the AHL was stupid. Same with Jones rentry waiver fiasco