View Single Post
Old
11-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
I too really like the look of this team at the moment, but dont think its as good as the 04 team, we had three absolutely incredible lines that could be mixed and matched and still produce. Recchi, Leclair, Handzus, Roenick, Amonte, Gags, Primeau, Kapanen, with williams/comrie/zhamnov (hated the trade for comrie in hindsight, remember first reading about it in face-off magazine and being excited as he was young and coming off a good season, but we effectively threw away a 1st rounder for... sean burke and radivojevic did it work out as?!). A defence that was solid with pitkanen, johnsson, desjardins, markov, ragnarson (shame about the injuries on d, i think we would have won without the upheaval due to them). And esche... well a team cant be perfect. However, the team at the moment is almost as good on offence, better on defence, = on goalies when all things considered, and has an average age of about ten years younger, the 2004 team only had gags, pitkanen, handzus, johnsson and markov who were under thirty (im guessing), so even though that team was maybe better for a single season, this one is better for the forseeable future, next 4-5 years i think we have a legitimate shot at the cup every time (if we can walk the cap tight-rope). The team has looked damn good since about a month into lavi's time here, and we play nicer hockey to watch than under stevens.