View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 02:03 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 500
We're playing with 2 of the 4 centers we planned to start the year with and the 2 missing are the guys most of us woulda' said were our #1 and #2 (or #2a and #2b). The one line we've had that's been consistently healthy and productive is in a lull. We're hanging in, got game(s) in hand and just a couple points out. We've been on the road a ton recently. We missed Suter more than probably anyone thought we would while he was out. Sure, the O isn't where we want it (and not even going into the PP), but I'm not sure it's quite time to panic yet.

If you saw the Blues game, there were some positives. We outplayed them for the last 50 mins - the first 10 were a bit of a chinese fire drill and that horrible cheap goal. We held them to 5, 4, and 4 shots - gonna' win most of those. We got 1 point. We had good attendance again, and it's been strong this whole year except 1 game. Smitty, Toots, and Ward played some really, really good mins - and that is the 4th line we should have. Too bad it took Leggy getting hurt to get Trotz to put them together but maybe that'll stick. the PP looked better - not great - but more aggressive for the most part, and the 4Fs with Orly out front looks like it has possibilities. Spaling - if he plays like that and can do anything on O we got us keeper.

Sure, most of that is our "grinders" playing better - but Preds hockey relies on getting contributions from everywhere. The lines have been unsettled cause we've had the wrong guys hurt - it's gonna' happen but it's gonna' be a disruption, too. We need one more guy willing to put the puck on net - his name is Erat. That will make a huge difference to our game. Then Poile can do something if Lombardi isn't gonna' be back. I'm not thrilled, but I feel like we've been in quite a bit of disarray the last several weeks with all the injuries and such, and while I'm still not loving the Klein/Cube pairing, last night looked much more settled and seems like we might actually be able to get ourselves playing a bit more consistently and with a little better result.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote