View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Personally I never lost much sleep over it but for those who did, here's a reality check:

Cedrik Desjardins in the AHL

6-4-1 2.60 .898

Kari Rammo in the KHL

14-4-2 1,91 .926
I'm still laughing about one of the Montreal Media morons saying taht they traded him because they were afraid he'd take Price's job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
With Carey as our #1 for the next 50224570487 years, who cares about any goalie prospect? They have minimal trade value because everyone has a few (see Halak, Jaro) and finding a backup goalie is probably the easiest thing to find in professional sports.

I wish Ramo and Cedric the best, but neither has any relevance at all.
Ramo could be our Mike Smith, play here and do well then we can trade him somewhere for Brad Richard-esque return

Seriously, even if goalie is an area of strength you want depth as much as possible and a plan B or C in case Price turns into Dipietro(injuries) or something happens and he wants out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstastic View Post
I don't think Ramo will come to NA to become a backup goalie for Price - especially considering the amount of games the Habs are starting Price.
If he was Russian I could see that, but I'm sure he wants to be an NHL #1 and for taht he'd have to come back over.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote