View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 10:10 AM
MrExpos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Again though how is the number of goals that occur relevant really when the comparison is 3rd versus 34th. Yeah the stats in GAA and SV% will be different but still being 3rd in a league that allows less goals to happen >>>>> being 34th in a league that allows many more. It's common sense as we are in fact comparing a league that has superior talent or if you're a real homer at the very least equal.

Who cares what their GAA and SV% comparisons are, one is at the top of his league and the other isn't, that to me is telling enough regardless of which league scores more goals etc.
Desjardins is crap at pro level. The only reason this guy made it is because the Habs always sign random junior goalie from the Q, just like they did with Peter Delmas this summer. I was just bringing up that Dagenais wasn't one of the top goal scorers in the KHL like the other poster was saying.

I like this trade. Just like another poster said, I think Ramo has sleeper potential and the fact that he doesn't have a contract for this year is a good thing for the club. With Bobrovsky's season in Philly, who was good in the KHL in the last 2 seasons, NHL teams in need of a goalie may look at someone like Ramo as a low risk/high reward type of player to patch their problem in net.

Anyway, this trade is just asset management by both club who got what they needed by helping each other.

MrExpos is offline   Reply With Quote