View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 12:07 PM
CanadienErrant*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfboards2010 View Post
Disgraceful post is disgraceful.

Desharnais was 5th in points (78, franchise record) in the AHL last year and is 6th this year. He set a franchise record for points in post-season (23). Was also a top-5 in points in his last two seasons in the QMJHL. Can his play translate into NHL success, that still remain to be seen but it's nothing to laugh at. Do you think being 5'7" has something to do with not being drafted? And since MTL smurf contingent is already fulfilled, I can't see him getting a chance in MTL. Maybe TBL would be interested?

Desjardais was one of the better goalie in the AHL (GAA 2.00, 1st) last year, setting a few Bulldogs records along the way (29 Wins, 6 SO - tied w/ Halak). More importantly, in every league he's played in (QMJHL, ECHL, AHL), he has progressed from one year to another. Is there anything wrong with hoping he could play in the NHL, even as a backup? I mean it's not like the Mike McKenna, Mike Brodeur, or Dany Sabourin are world aparts from him and they've all played in the NHL. Again, I think his opportunities will be better away from MTL.

The simple fact that there are plenty of stats and facts to defend those two players should tell you something, if it doesn't then I can't help you.
Don't try to argue with these two. They are the two most anti-Francophones on this Habs board. I am always wandering why they pick Les Canadiens de Montréal as their favourite team... There is 29 other teams outside Quebec to choose from.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote