View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Weber is a defenseman. He has played on D for us on 1-2 shifts. How exactly do you know if he doesn't belong in the NHL yet??..For all we know, he could be better than Picard and Gill. Unless we actually give him a chance to show what he can do on Defense, for multiple games (there is a NHL adaption period he needs to go through), we won't know where he belongs for sure.
And I would be quite disappointed if we gave him up for Bieksa.

Weber has played 5min over his 2 games with us on the PP. He's also being used on his off wing. In the AHL he plays on the right side.
Let's also not forget that our PP isn't the same lethal power we are used to having.

You're a little too hard on Weber. The kid has been used out of position every single shift he played with us so far (except for one where he played D, with 2min left in the game vs Philly).

I do agree though, if we're to use him so poorly/little, might as well let him burn up the AHL.
Agreed with every you said. He hasn't been given a real chance to prove his worth yet. However, by all indication, the non signing of bergeron shows that the organization is willing to give him a chance at some point to make a point.

I also would rather him play 20 minutes a game in the AHL but here, he gets to practice with NHL level players and goalies and get adjusted to NHL competition and speed so it's not all bad.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote