View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Thank you. 21 total shifts this year. And of course the DET game where he dressed, but didn't play.....

I'm on board with an enforcer (even in the "new" NHL), but for those who said his main contribution was his locker room presence (including Poile), what say you now? Alot of people defended his being on this team, but do we really need a jester/pseudo glueman/mediocre pugilist? I still can't fathom the logic behind this guy being on the team which leaves the Preds one more skill guy short of the rest of the league. I think it's symptomatic of Poile and crew's flawed analysis of this team "...I like this team's makeup..." who obviously can't see that this team needs everything BUT what Belak supposedly brings.
I don't think that Belak is robbing the Preds of a skilled player. I believe our top 18 players at the NHL level are playing right now (possibly can argue Sulzer over "X" defenseman). The Predators traditionally only carry 20 skaters anyways. You can only dress 18 per night.

I don't think that's why Belak is a waste of a roster spot.

The truth is Belak is a nuclear weapon. He's there in the event he's needed, but not pulled out often enough to stop things from happening, and even when he is pulled out...far too often there isn't a situation where he can make an impact, which in turn does make the Predators shorthanded.

It's a brutal cycle...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote