View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
prairie hab

vCash: 500
I will first declare that I am ecstatic with the Habs start to the seson this year. I do believe this performance is just s bump in the road, HOWEVER.......

I feel Gauthier will seek a top 4 defenseman with a bit of offensive upside and grit. Gorges and Gill need to be split as a pairing, if not to limit the minutes of Spacek and Hamrlik. More depth is needed for the D group, and all the roster defensemen would benefit from a slight shortening of their minutes.

I love the guy, but it is apparent that Travis Moen is not the player he was in his Anaheim or San Jose tenures. He has lost his abrasiveness. Aften being outmuscled, outhustled and basically intimidated tonight (the entire team), I think Martin/Gauthier will really take a hard look at the roles of the bottom 6 forwards, and re-evaluate. Their offensive production has been a pleasant surprise this season, however, when the team needs to respond in games with energy and grit, they do not answer the bell. Lets face it, the likes of Pyatt, Darche, and Moen are a dime a dozen. The Habs abruptly saw no spark with Dustin Boyd, and responded appropriately to his lacklustre play.

To add "life" to the lineup, I hope to see White and Palushaj called up sometime soon, if anything, to send a message that there wil be no passengers on this team at any point during the season.

The $5 million dollar + players need to step it up.

Thankfully Price is in top form.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote