View Single Post
Old
11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
This is a broken record, I know, but... we absolutely need a good Top Six scoring winger with size and strength and the willingness to use it.

I'm going to avoid the term "Power Forward", because he doesn't need to be a guy constantly throwing body checks; just a guy that consistently goes to the net and is hard for the opposition to stop because of his size and strength. Somebody like Franzen in Detroit, for example.

I think that we've amassed enough prospect depth that we can afford to give up one or two to acquire this type of player that we desperately need.

If Penner's not in Edmonton's long-term plans, I think we should make a pitch for him. Prospects like Kristo, Desharnais, Carle, and Weber could be used. If absolutely necessary, maybe Patches or Tinordi (although I'd hate to lose either of them).
I'm convinced that Iginla would put us over the top. We already have a good team. I don't care if Pacioretty who's gaining value playing well in the AHL and potentially being the real deal is traded along with picks and other prospects, even Tinordi, as long as we get a shot at being a contender. If Markov comes back for the playoffs, imagine this :

Cammy-Pleks-AK
Iginla-Gomez-Gionta
Lappy-Eller-Pouliot
Darche(Pyatt)-Halpern-Moen

Markov-Spacek
PK-Hammer
Gorges-Gill

Jesus Price

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote