View Single Post
Old
11-27-2010, 02:25 AM
kevynadams42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
It's been said before and I'll say it again, Wilson cannot make a low-talent team better, he can only coach teams where the talent level is already high (San Jose, Team USA).
You're right, I guess you were not paying attention during his first coaching gig in Anaheim where he took an expansion team to the second round of the playoffs in its fourth season.

You must also not have been watching during his first year in Washington when he took a team that did not make the playoffs the year before he was there, to the Stanley Cup Finals in his first season.

Maybe you were not a hockey fan during his first full season in San Jose. In that season, he took the team that missed the playoffs the year before to the conference final.

You are right. He only coaches good teams. Please think before you speak.

Lastly, I had my moments where I thought Wilson should be canned. Then I began to think logically. Look at this team. Look how bad the forwards are. Look how unreliable 4 out of 6 of the dmen are every night. This is a team where the only consistent players are Tim Brent, Freddy Sjostrom, Luke Schenn, and Jonas Gustavsson. This is not a good team. There is not a coach in the world that could do better with these players. Plain and simple.