I like PK Subban
View Single Post
11-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Cherry gets ratings because:
- Baby boomers remember when his views on hockey were relevent and his soapbox rants bring them back to that simpler time in thier life.
- He's a Leafs cheerleader, so many Leafs fans appreciate his pulling for their team.
- Liberal people want to be outraged by his provocative statements.
- Jingoistic Canadians like to hear that Canada is good at hockey and see him honour our fallen troops.
- Old ladies get a kick out of his attire.
- People in their late 20's and early 30's have a soft spot in their heart for Cherry because the Rock'em Sock'em videos were such a huge part of their childhood hockey experience.
Very few knowledgeable hockey fans believe Cherry's analysis and opinions about the games is either close to relevant, or even moderately insightful. Cherry's a lot easier to digest when you remember that his viewpoints are well, well past their due date and recognize him as being on the air for the sole purpose of entertainment.
Simply put, Cherry's a dinosaur. Dinosaurs can be greatly entertaining though; Jurassic Park was awesome. I wouldn't sweat his Subban hate.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by LyleOdelein