Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sabres 3-1
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 12:06 AM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Ok, let's put the Koivu thing aside. I'm done with it too.

As for the Cammy and Plek thing. Let's just say they complete each other well but I still think Cammy needs Plek more.

I'm pretty sure that Cammy would produce more with Plekanec as his center than Gomez and I think Plekanec would just produce as much with Gio-AK, than Cammy-AK. So Cammy needs Pleky more than the other way around in my opinion.
It's very subjective, but what I'm sure of is that while Plekanec will always be great defensively, I think he created more things with both of Kostitsyn and Cammalleri on his line. As for Cammalleri, well quite obviously he's playing with a struggling (duh) center and a 4th line winger. In that aspect, considering our lack of top-6 forwards depth, and the fact Gomez isn't producing, I guess you could say Cammalleri does in fact lack Plekanec more than the other way around at the time being. I just don't think we take the best out of these two players by splitting them up.

Ultimately, I wouldn't mind if Martin was inclined to try Cammalleri (or any winger not put on Plekanec's line) with Pouliot and Eller. But that just doesn't seem to be the case. I'm also not a fan of calling Pacioretty up.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote