View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 02:09 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
My post was just to point out nothing has changed from a schematic standpoint. Sid and Fleury have really carried this team in this stretch.
Certainly, Cole. And like I said, there's a lot of deserved criticism for Bylsma. The problem is there's also a lot of ridiculous post-game hyperbole going around.

And again, I really don't see the problem with teams relying on great players. Going back to Bowman, should we hold it against him that he had the absurdly dominant 70's Habs? No. Conversely, he had the most talented Pens roster in history and they totally shat the bed in 93.

I think that people really need to address this when they talk about the problems with coaching. A team isn't a formula that a coach plugs the right variables into and then magically they win the Cup. Even the best modern coaches, with some of the best rosters, have what a lot of posters would consider "unacceptable" levels of success. Bowman was coaching just a hair above .500, in the regular season, he's .632 in the post season, and that's the best we've seen in nearly 40 years.

Last edited by HandshakeLine: 11-28-2010 at 02:26 AM.
HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote