Thread: News Article: It's All About Work for Tangradi
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
A supposedly-legit top-6 NHL winger should have no problem carrying the scoring load on his own line in the AHL.
How did not dominating in the A work out for Stewart, Neal, Backes...?

How did dominating the A work out for John Slaney, Milan Kraft, Don Biggs, Chris Snell, etc?

Success in the A means very little and has never been a reliable way to determine how successful or poorly a player will do in the NHL.

Anyone who has followed the A knows that.

I said it at the beg. of the year it will take a lot longer for Tangradi to develop than people are hoping for.

People felt it was best for him to go "back to the A and dominate" and I didn't agree with that and never will.

You become a legit NHL player by playing agt. NHL players. There is no way around that.

He'll be fine, and work his way back to the NHL eventually. But if people expect him to dominate in the A and feel it will have some kind of bearing on his NHL success, then you need to watch more AHL hockey I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
Agreed. If you look at it, not too many legit NHL scoring forwards spend more than a year or so in the AHL. Not to say we should give up on Tangradi, but to view him as the automatic heir to Kevin Stevens is not really a good idea.
Stevens was almost 25 years old before he stuck with the Pens full time and found success at the NHL level.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote