View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Heinze 57

vCash: 50
Because Ohio State is a huge problem in terms of attendance, arena issues, and how people spend their sports entertainment dollar. There are some people, such as my girlfriend's dad, who won't watch sports unless it involves the OSU football or basketball teams. There are a lot of people like that in this city (a good percentage of whom never set foot in an OSU classroom). Ohio State is ingrained and the Blue Jackets are still new. Ten years really isn't that old when compared to how long OSU football has been a tradition.

I wish people were as whackadoo about the Blue Jackets as they are about Ohio State football. If they start to string together some deep playoff runs then this generation of kids and teenagers will be better, but the old crowd who hasn't grown up with the team hasn't been as eager to accept them, which I can't understand for the life of me.

I wish long time Columbus residents were more accepting of the Blue Jackets and dind't view them as an attack on Ohio State (because they aren't). I wish I didn't have to ask bars to put the Jackets game on. I wish we could sell-out a Panthers game on a tuesday when OSU basketball is playing at the same time. I wish we had gotten together on an arena like we should have.

but to answer your question, OSU is mentioned quite a bit because they are a big part of the Columbus sporting landscape and a lot of what they do affects the Blue Jackets.

Last edited by Heinze 57: 11-28-2010 at 09:13 AM.