View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
BumFortyOne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I've been off Bylsma's case as of late, but I don't believe he's ever gotten anything extra out of what was given to him. Just about everything that goes right for this team can be attributed to talent but they never get anything more than that. The PK is awesome right now, well we upgraded our defense. Crosby is dynamite so not much coaching necessary there. Malkin's line is depleted of wingers so we're forced to be okay with so so performances every night. The third line hustles and creates something every once in awhile due to said hustle but has contributed one single goal 5 on 5 together. They're on pace to contribute about every 8-10 games, which isn't enough. I also can't stand coaches that have favoritism towards certain players. There is no logical reason Poni shouldn't have been a top 6 player full time and Comrie should have been more than a 3 game experiment.

The power play I'll give him. For some reason that thing was off its rails for a loooong time and with a little experimenting it looks like it's back to form.
I don't see how you can't also attribute this to coaching. They've been missing their best penalty killer in Staal and yet they are top of the league at an incredible 90.2%. How coaching doesn't factor into the success of the penalty kill is beyond me.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote