View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
WineShark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
http://www.behindthenet.ca/2009/play...team=MTL&pos=D

We already had this on Bergeron in another thread. Read the numbers. He is not the answer, even partially or as a small step.
Missed the past several days with T/G and missed the thread. Thanks for pointing it out.

As I noted, I don't see him as a solution to our defensive problems. I see him as a potential (stopgap) solution to Demers being injured for an extended time, not giving up existing talent, and not getting in the way once we do make a good trade for a defenseman. Its a minor move and the kind of move that DW should consider before making a 'blockbuster' trade as this rumor discussed.

But I don't have a problem with your POV that he's not a partial solution to our defensive problems since we need a top 4 defenseman and he isn't that. We need a puck mover and he isn't that either. But we do need help from the point and as a mid-season injury replacement with some speed, its not a bad interim solution.

Since there is another thread on this as you note, I will stop posting here about MAB.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote