View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm sorry but this is just not the case.

The fact is, Prucha only had two good seasons. In his career. At any level. They are not the rule. Radek Dvorak scored 30 goals one year and hasn't since. Those years are rarities, not the norm.

If Prucha regained that form at any of his other stops after he left New York, this might be the case. But he didn't.
Not completely disagreeing with you, because I really can't figure out Prucha, but to play devils advocate, his only stop after NY was Pheonix where he was used Identically to his last season here, 3rd and 4th line with low minutes and no production.

I actually watched him alot in Pheonix and he always played better with better players when he did get the chance (as anyone would).

I think the mistake by the Rangers was not utilizing him where he works (with guys like Jagr and Gaborik) as a low cost solution to a top line wing position.
Not saying he would have definately performed as expected, but his 2 good seasons were with Jagr and minutes, his bad seasons are on 3rd and 4th lines with low minutes.

Obviously that speaks to the fact that he is not an impact player, as he would perform anywhere he was placed if he was, but some guys raise there game with great players.

Nevermind, i love the guy and will find any shred of redemption in him anywhere i can!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote