View Single Post
Old
06-03-2005, 01:51 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Some of the goals I have seen him score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Awaking from my slumber/stupor only because this is a thread about my favorite Ranger prospect..Agree on the size issue being what might have hurt him earlier and all the good things said about him...The kid is a joy to watch and plays like a wrecking ball...But he also has decent hands and skills that will emerge with the better players...I think he's is going to be one of those players that will be more productive in the NHL (with a lot of garbage goals to go with smeared opponents) then he is in the AHL..Look foprward to seeing him on the NYR 3rd or 4th line next year..
showed that he had hands. I think he is focusing on creating a niche for himself within the organization. He is doing the things that the organization is short on:
hustle, hitting, energy, PKing. If he can establish himself, gain a foothold on the NHL squad, I think you will see his game evolve more as he gets comfortable. If this kid contnues and actually carves out a position, I could see him as the captain. Maybe a poor man's Dale Hunter, only cleaner as a player, but just as hard nosed.