View Single Post
Old
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I'm not counting the Leino trade since it was last season, and that hurts him because it was imo his best move since Zhitnik for Coburn. I don't think it's fair to say that teams start preparing for the next season at the deadline- obviously its true for some teams, but for others it's more about the upcoming playoffs.

I think he lucked into a real starting goalie for this season. He gets points for signing Bob at all, but he wasn't supposed to be ready to handle a starting NHL job, Homer gave Leighton the money for that instead. Then you've got O'Donnell, Mesz and Zherdev in on the positive side. I don't like Shelley and Walker being here at the salaries they've got, so to me they're negatives.

So he spent a good amount of cap space to get a little bit better, and I don't think that warrants GM of the Year. Honestly it's too early to be giving out the award but if I was going to name frontrunners, I thought the Blues, Lightning and Bruins had nice offseasons, to name a few.
Yeah, far too early to call GM of the year, but I have very high expectations for Yzerman personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Between Leighton getting hurt and Bob playing as well as he has thus far... definition of the phrase: it's better to be lucky than good.
As far as the media is concerned, they don't know the difference. Some fans don't either, granted, but the media is typically very formulaic and predictable with their thought process.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote