View Single Post
Old
11-29-2010, 09:03 AM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
How can you say this? do you think Drury would have 10 goals by now if he was healthy? Do you think dru would even have 5 at this point? Boyle is on pace for 30 plus goal season this year, is relatively young, has size, is willing to fight, is good on the penalty kill, and if torts would ever put him in front of the net on the powerplay he may really start to produce. I am not worried if he can keep this up, but I have seen enough to know that Boyle is developing into the player he can be, whereas Drury is winding down and is a shell of the player we thought we were getting when he was signed. Drury does not need to be resigned when his contract is up, we are trying to get younger and by then I am hoping some younger players like Horak will be ready to push for a job that drury doesn't need (4th line for 2.5 million).
boyle is not willing to fight, he participates in scrums where everyone on the ice is involved. even if he did fight, thats hardly a reason to say hes better than drury.

you say boyle is good on the penalty kill and if in front of the net on the pp he may produce (just like voros, who didnt produce at all?), you can say the same for drury except drury is far better on the pk and is def better on face offs.

yes boyle is having a good year so far but as a 1st round pick for the kings he was traded to the rangers for a 3rd. imo he played poor last year. can he keep this up, who knows but all signs right now point to him being on a hot streak. if he odes it the whole year and next year that would greatly change my opinion of him. right now, im taking drury. if drury comes back and has an off year like last year that would change my opinion also.