View Single Post
Old
11-29-2010, 09:58 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenalty View Post
Letang is gaining a lot of credibility for putting up points, when his pair with Orpik might be the weakest defensively on the team. In the world of statistics and clueless NHL writers, points make you a good defensemen, so props to Letang for breaking through the ceiling.

Martin and Michalek are lights out. Certainly a top 5 pair in the league. Volchenkov and Phillips-like IMO. When it comes time to shut down the Grape Ape for 4 games, those two guys are going to be essential. I just hope they get the call, rather than the defensively inept Letang-Orpik pair.

Goligoski has done as expected. He'd be a top 4 on most teams in the league, maybe even a top 2 because of his offensive potential. But he serves his role here and the mistakes are going down. Getting Michalek back took some pressure off his shoulders. #5 is a better fit for him on this team right now. I still think he has top 4 potential, but he won't find the opportunity on this team. Engelland has been a pleasant surprise. I think hes learning a great deal from our top 4..
I don't think they have been the weakest pair at all. They have actually been getting the assignments over Martin and Michalek, which speaks volumes IMO.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote