Thread: Salary Cap: Gomez options
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Rutabaga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I hardly consider 1.67 mil a year average extra as troublesome for any franchise, especially when that 1.67 upgrades staff. Gomez is better than legwand. Even with Gomez's slump he still has better statistics. While they are on an internal budget, I think the difference here is minimal. Especially when the upgrade in center position can land them in a playoff spot and generate more revenue.
Does the difference in term of offensive talent + something like, at best, 15 or 20 points is enough to justify to take 1.67 in salary for 3 years ?

The Gomez's contract is changing the perception we have of the player, but 7 points in 24 games, that is not helping.
We may have to sweeten this deal, with at least a 4th, probably.

And this would put a lot of pressure on Eller. Its hypothetical, obviously, but if he's playing well right now, its also against weaker opponents, and Martin is letting him adjust himself. Next year, if he's playing as a #2 center, he may struggle.

That deal is ok for me, but im not so sure for Nashville.

And anyway, people must remember that if we move him, we will have to take back a #2 center...

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote