View Single Post
Old
11-29-2010, 02:50 PM
jwhitesj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Montador is a meh! trade, which could quickly turn costly. He is a big upgrade to Huskins/Wallin. Pretty close to a #4 two-way. Leopold is a 4/5 PMD. You aren't getting Myers. Butler promises to be a 3/4 PMD, but has had a lot of trouble reaching his projection. Sekera is a 5/6 PMD; Demers is definitely better than Sekera, probably about even with Butler. My issue with any trade is the cost. They have some decent pieces.

Realistically, the Sharks should take the opportunity to find out what they have in their own kids and give them the NHL time to mature. Braun, Joslin and Moore are older and if they aren't going to cut it soon will need to be cut loose. There really isn't a lot of time for them to develop in the AHL any further. Heck, Moore has a one-way contract for next year.
Braun looks decent so far, Still needs another 8 games or so before any real evaluation of his NHL ability can be made. I've completely given up on Joslin, he is a good AHL defenseman but he just can't hang with the big boys in the NHL. I haven't given up on Moore but I'm doubtful if he will be an NHL caliber defenseman as well.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote