View Single Post
Old
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
CrimsonBruin21

vCash: 500
Name: Hamilton

Favorite All time Bruins: Sanderson (passed on from my parents), Bourque, Neely, Donato, Sweeney

Favorite Current Bruins: Seguin, Chara

Favorite Non Bruin Players: John Tavares, Mark Streit, Ryan Miller

Favorite Movies: Miracle, Slap Shot, Youngblood, Saints and Soldiers, Empire Strikes Back

Favorite Music: Guns N' Roses, U2, NIN, Metallica, The Replacements

Hobbies: Golf, Hockey, Fitness, Boating, Travel

Favorite food: Mexican, Palm Steakhouse(s), Seafood

Favorite Beer: Spaten, Corona

Favorite Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Funny enough- I am a long-suffering (28 years) New York Islander fan who has simply had enough with Wang's Wacky Circus on Long Island and have decided to make my permanent new home with the Boston Bruins. As much as I have bled blue and orange- I have ALWAYS had a soft spot in my heart for the Bruins. My grandparents used to love to go to the old Madison Square Garden- and even though they were living in New York- root for the Bruins- and goaltender Frank Brimsek and the Kraut Line in particular. Then my parents were both massive Bruin fans when they were in graduate school in Boston in the late 60's and early 70's with Orr, Espo and of course Derek Sanderson (Hence my "Derek Sanderson Fan Club" sig). Additionally, even though an Islander fan- I was always "pro-Bruin" growing up (probably b/c of my family history with the team) and really enjoyed the 87-88; 89-90; 90-91 and 91-92 playoff runs. Finally- we're a big Hahh-vudh family (I am living proof that they do let in a few knuckleheads every year) and always enjoyed following Sweeney and Donato among others... and I also used the Bruins as my refuge during my college years in the late 90's and early 00's (i.e. end of the Bourque era- beginning of Thornton and Samsonov, etc.). Hope the BU, BC and Northeastern guys take it easy on me.

How long I have been a B's fan: OFFICIALLY- about 1 week. UN-OFFICIALLY (i.e. as my "second" team)- since the 87-88 playoffs. Just remember LOVING Rejean Lemelin and watching him play out of his skull against the Habs and Devils. Always liked and respected the Bruins ever since. Also- just to be clear- I come to the Bruins with a deep respect for what the great New York Islanders once were (I have vague memories of the dynasty and then some really great memories of the LaFontaine and Turgeon eras). Sadly- the Islanders bare absolutely no resemblance to not only their great teams of the past- but to a legitimate NHL franchise. They're basically committing consumer fraud in my eyes and their continued operation and what they do to their dwindling fanbase is nothing short of a disgrace.

Anyway, I am full bore BLACK AND GOLD now. I don't do something unless I'm all in- and I'm all in. So much so- that if in some alternate universe hell freezes over and the Bruins played the Isles in the playoffs- I would 110% root for the Bruins. I'm signed- sealed- and delivered (literally). I wouldn't be here until I felt that way...

Origin of screen name: College + Bruin + 21 for Ted Donato

Jerseys owned: Ray Bourque ca. 1988 black "road" jersey with the "C". In the market for a new Bruin jersey. Definitely going Seguin- but can't decide which jersey to go with. Love ALL of them. No Fisherman jerseys to worry about here...

Anyway- I'll probably just lurk the next couple of months as I get fully up-to-speed on the Bruins ca. 2010- but I hope to interact with you guys and make some good contributions in the future. I've always loved the passion of Bruin fans and the interest and excitement for hockey in the Boston/New England (i.e. Bruins, Beanpot, Prep School, Youth Travel, etc.) area generally. Feels like I've literally been "born again" as a professional hockey fan. Much needed after 17+ years in the wilderness...