View Single Post
Old
11-29-2010, 03:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
While both Legwand and Lombardi were in full uniform for the team pictures today at practice, neither participated. Legwand did do a little skating on his own prior to leaving the ice, but...where does that leave him for tomorrow night or Wednesday?

I've published the stats in a number of places, but the fact remains...

In the two games the Predators have had all four Opening Night centers available they scored an average of 3.5 goals per game (GPG).

In the ten games they've had three of the four Opening Night centers available they've scored at a 3.1 GPG pace, which would be good enough for 6th in the league.

And, in the twelve games they've had just two of the four centers available they've scored at a league worst 1.5 GPG pace.

If Legwand is not ready to go, the team MUST recall Jamie Lundmark to take his place. We owe Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback better than making them pitch a shutout each game to win. We need to have three lines centered by guys with offensive talent and a fourth unit that serves as a special teams/energy/kitchen sink line to score goals and win...
I doubt we see Legwand before the weekend, if even then.

And I also doubt we'll see Lundmark recalled, though I'd like to see it.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote