Thread: Value of: Nikita Filatov
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2010, 06:58 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Enough of this "Goligoski for Filatov" silliness. I'm not arguing Filatov or Goligoski's trade value, but I am going to say that Goligoski isn't a big enough upgrade on the backend to warrant trading Filatov.

Like I said in a proposal thread before, the trade that would make the most sense would be:

Filatov + Stralman + 1st or 2nd
for
Bogosian (impending RFA).

Bogo is a stud and will be a very good defenseman despite his reduced impact on the Atlanta roster. He vastly improves Columbus's blueline and PP.
Filatov will be a very good forward despite his not taking that next step on Columbus's roster. He's an excellent piece to pair beside Burmistrov or Bergfors.

Stralman opens up a defensive slot in Columbus and helps fill in for Bogosian in Atlanta. He's a UFA at the end of the year I'm pretty sure, so he can re-sign or just walk.

The pick is because Bogosian is worth more than Filatov and Stralman and is important for Atlanta who is actively rebuilding (as opposed to Columbus).
Bogo has really struggled since his sophmore year (injuries are partly to blame) although his ceiling is through the roof. A change of scenery might be good but he's performing worse than Goligoski currently (who has a pretty good ceiling himself).

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote