Thread: OT: Uni Ads
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2010, 03:32 AM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
This is what I have to put up with in local professional hockey:

If at all possible, I'd like to try and avoid such a scenario. I think the way soccer jerseys work is decent enough, having a single companies logo on the front, but that space is used up in the NHL for the team crest, which looks great and should be kept that way, much less the jersey being literally plastered with all sorts of logos.

In the above example from my hometown team we have logos for the following:
* a brewery
* a bank
* an insurance agency
* a bakery chain
* a tourism agency
* a sports retail store
* an electronics retailer
* a newspaper
* an electricity company
* the city run utility company
and a couple smaller one's I can't make out.

Hell, they even got a Burger King logo on the back of the pants, not visible on the image above. No thank you. Unfortunately, the local hockey business is so small that it can only survive by taking up all these sponsorships. The NHL on the other hand is definitely not. The only reason I can see putting ads on the jersey is to enlarge profits. While the dollar is almighty, I would rather have aesthetically pleasing jerseys than players who look like an advertisement collage.

And finally:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Doyle
Well fans, Roger Dorn has done a little redecorating around the ballpark. The outfield walls now look like the yellow pages. And any of you folks having trouble finding a good proctologist, might want to come down here and check out the area around the 375 foot sign. As for the game, we've got a real nailbiter here tonight. It's a lot closer than that 11-2 score.

Last edited by chaosof99*: 11-30-2010 at 03:42 AM.
chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote