Old
11-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I could be wrong but isn't Michael Bournival supposed to be a speed demon that is pretty good defensively? I read people were impressed with his speed during the Q vs Russia challenge (can't comment as I never saw the games). I agree that Gallagher won't and probably shouldn't make the team but Bournival can be valuable as a PK/defensively responsible speedster for the bottom 6.
I don't know if Bournival is a "speed demon", really. He looked mobile enough, but not a pure burner. He may hustle more than most players, which may give him the impression of extra speed?

Anyway, I think Bournival will just have to have an incredible camp performance if he wants to make the team as an energy line player. He probably starts as a serious underdog, but his conditioning and work ethic has got him this much notice so far, and maybe he can pull off an upset in camp.

Hopefully both he and Gallagher can build on this experience for next year, at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I would be surprised if Brett Conolly is healthy enough to make the team, or good enough. Seriously think he was rated way too highly.
I thought he looked awesome in the Subway series, clearly to me the best player in the West, and a legit top-5 draft type of player. I would look for him to be one of the leaders and key players for Team Canada. If we don't get Schenn (or Seguin?!) back from the NHL, then Connolly may be the team's best forward IMHO.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote