View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 07:41 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I would say no way to the Comrie for Zetterberg trade. Lets wait until after this season and then compare Comrie to Zetterberg. I think that Zetterberg is more gifted a player than Comrie and it will show after this year. I have broken down crutial stats from 02-03 of both players below.

C Mike Comrie
20 Goals (8 PP Goals) 31 Assists (9 PP Assists) 51 Points (17 PP Points -18 Plus/Minus

Total time on ice per game 17:54, PP 4:25, SH 0:40.

C-LW Henrik Zetterberg
22 Goals (5 PP Goals) 22 Assists (5 PP Assists) 44 Points (10 PP Points) +6 Plus/Minus

Total time on ice per game 16:29, PP 2:04, SH 1:46.

As you can see Comrie played an average of 1:25 of ice more than Zetterberg but the more telling stat is the PP and PK times. You can say that Zetterberg had better line mates last year than Comrie, but it doesn't matter how good your line mates are if you are on the bench or PK alot of the time. Also, last year was Zetterbergs rookie year and I know he is 24 now but still he had to adjust to the north american life and the smaller rinks. I think Zetterberg will have a break out year this year. He will get more ice time this year, thats for sure.

As for Fischer, He is not going anywhere. I think Fischer is Detroits Second best dman, yes better than Hatcher, Chelios and Schneider.

I don't see a reason to trade Hudler and Kronwall either. They could (I think they will) turnout to be our future #2 offensive center and #2-3 dman. Comrie I think has hit his potential, not to say he won't get more points in the future, as a one way offensive center.