Thread: Line Combos: New Lines
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
null33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Actually, the ducks matched up the selanne line against our geezer line...which was exposed on the defensive end with their speedy players. The matchups were kind of interesting last night, as they matched first and second lines against each other for most of the game.
Aww. so they were. thanks for the correction.

Quote:
THe 3rd line needs simmonds there for puck possesion, because lewis and clifford arent as good in that regard. I think these line combos might be better because it will allow the 3rd line to put up some points like they did last season (and when poni was there).
We agree. The third line is the key to Murray's system. Clifford has shown more along the boards than Lewis, so that may be part of the reason why he's staying put.

Quote:
My only beef is with lewis..he has been a great 4th line guy, but putting him on the second line has me worried. He doesnt seem to have the offensive instincts...i think clifford has a higher offensive upside than lewis from what i have seen so far.
I think this decision is to reward Lewis' recent play and to get some speed on the second group and, maybe most of all, to spread the rookies around (the last two games Murray iced two lines with two rookies each; this lineup cuts that to one line (the 4th)). I disagree that Clifford has more offensive upside than Lewis does. He's definitely more physical.

Quote:
But to agree with a majority...its hard to put together a good top 6 when we have a glaring hole. Whats disgusting, is look at the top 6 on the ducks...elite first line and a damn speedy skilled second line. (granted their D is horrible)...at least we could find the middle ground somewhere lol.
I think the idea out of camp was to let Parse do his best and be happy if he got 20 goals, and then take a long look at what's available at the trade deadline.

"The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men / gang aft agley..."

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote