View Single Post
Old
11-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Fleury was incredible in the eihl, him and george awada (ex albany river rat i think?!), and (i believe) colin shields (flyers draft pick) on the same line, tbh the british leagues are poor, but getting better, however, one of the best players over here is still tony hand, and he's 43! But then again theo wasnt exactly a slouch in the nhl! Ive been looking through qmjhl scorer lists and tbh shelleys numbers arnt great (apart from pim's!) compared to anyone, it must have been more that he was a massive fan fave that his jersey was retired. Never knew lappy was so prolific in juniors, but qmjhl is a v.offensive league. There are guys scoring 60-70 goals a year who arnt even drafted (ahem, Maxime Boisclair! but that was due to him having the skating skills of a 5 year old i believe?), imagine a guy scoring 60-70 in the current day OHL or WHL! Theyd be a definite first rounder, or even if didnt have physical abilities to suceed in nhl would be taken in the mid-rounds. Im not de-valuing the qmjhl, just think that it has a very unique style that favours players with certain skill sets, and also give junior players inflated numbers in some cases, especially those who played in the 90s.

Last edited by Appleyard: 11-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.