View Single Post
Old
11-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Avery gets the opposite of preferential treatment. He sometimes gets called for skating while being Sean Avery. That being said, he's a dirty player. NYR fans don't deny that. Some try to justify it by either saying he's righting the wrongs of the refs in other situations (slewfoot crosby?), or just trying to fire up the team, but that doesn't change the fact he's a dirty player. Of course you're going to like it when the dirty play is going your way, that's irrelevant to this topic. I know isles fans that liked or at least got a little enjoyment from seeing chris simon try to knock out hollweg with his stick. So what? A dirty play is a dirty play, and a fan liking a dirty play by his team doesn't change the play any. Part of being a fan is being biased towards your team, otherwise you're not a fan...
It should have been a penalty on Sid as well. Not many Pens fans are even saying otherwise. But to say Sid is a dirty player as a whole is way off balance.

I wasn't talking about Avery's treatment. We have Cooke so we understand the treatment. I was commenting on how people react to certain players doing anything really. People hate the Pens and Sid. We're fine with that. But like you just said, we're fans, we're going to defend our guy.