View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 07:54 AM
PigPen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
If I'm Atlanta, I don't waste a draft pick to bring in a $2 million fighter who doesn't intimidate anybody.

None of the league's tough guys are scared of Domi, so his role as an enforcer is in-name only.

His role as a forechecker and "real hockey" player is mainly fabrication from a faction of fanatical Leaf fans who feel the need to build up Domi so his salary doesn't draw more criticism.

$2 million for this player is a total joke, and the Leafs wouldn't be able to unload this stiff for a pick, they would have to pick up another over-paid player in any deal in order to make this fly.
...huh?

2 million for Tie Domi isn't that bad. Though maybe 200k or 300k more expensive than he should be.

Tie Domi is one of the most intimidating fighters in the NHL over the past 12 years. Probably the only person in the league today that can say he beat Probert in his prime.
Along with that, he's very underrated defensively. He isn't as bad a skater as most people make him out to be, but I wouldn't compare him to Alex Mogilny.
He hits, and he hits hard. He aggitates the opposition and gets under their skin, throwing them off their game.
He's also good for at least 10 goals a year which is better than 95% of the enforcers in the league.
He's a damn good leader and gets his team to play with emotion.

Which Tie Domi have you been watching?