Thread: Waived: Brian Lee (OTT) (clears)
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2010, 08:08 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 250
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
There have always been different opinions on Lee for years now. You've got people who say he was given every chance to succeed and didn't hold up his end of the bargain, and others who say the organization developed him completely wrong and held him back. Everyone knows I've always been one of his bigger, if not biggest fans, so of course I'm going to defend him.

When he was taken out of the lineup earlier this year, he was the only defenseman on the team who was a plus. He was playing his off-side, which probably is part of the reason why he was taken out. Hell, even go to the Sens boards and look in October, there was a thread where people were actually happy with his play. He was and is not not nearly as bad as some are making him out to be, especially when he actually plays the right side.

I hope he gets picked up somewhere else if only because I am one of those guys who thinks he never really got a fair chance in Ottawa. There was one game a few years back where he took a double minor and the other team scored twice and the Sens lost, and Lee was sent to the AHL the next day. He was playing fine earlier this year, then had a bad game against Pittsburgh, got benched for most of that game, and hasn't seen the ice since. I don't have any doubt he can be a consistent NHL player, but there are obviously others who disagree.

Murray once again shows how incompetent he is. Everyone was scratching their heads last March when he gave Lee a two year, one way deal when he could have easily waited a few months or even played hardball. And now he's the one whose stuck waiving him because his value is now gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty
This afternoon on Team 1200, Gary Galley said Lee is a really nice kid and a good enough player to be the NHL though maybe as a 5th or 6th defenceman.

He also said its hard to play your best game when the organizaion does not believe in you.
Happy someone whose been close to the organization for a few years was willing to say this.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote