View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Drive 4 5 View Post
When Leighton comes back are they gonna Boucher him on waivers?
It will be interesting to see what they do. I think Boucher will stay with the Flyers no matter what.

In principle, the Flyers don't normally allow guys to totally lose their jobs because of injury, so I'm sure they will give Leighton a chance to play and claim his job back.

I think it's possible that they will send Bobrovsky down to the Phantoms when Leighton is ready to play. It only has to be for a few weeks, and it'll help him avoid too much fatigue and he can work on things little things in his game with Neil Little under less pressure.

Let Leighton play 7-10 games. If he's good and they win, he might stay. If he sucks, Bob will be recalled and Leighton waived or traded (not sure there is a market)... If they waived Leighton, he would be great playoff insurance playing in the AHL for the balance of the year, then being called up for the playoffs. Next year it'll be Bob and Leights.

While Leighton is getting his shot, Bob's better off playing a bunch of games in the AHL than sitting with Boucher in a 3 goalie rotation or splitting the games with Leighton.

We'll see....I'm sure there will be some interesting conversations between Homer, Lavy, Little and the leadership group.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote