View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
C77

vCash: 500
Excellent GDT...sometimes in all the craziness it's easy to forget that these guys have families too. Flyers are obviously an excellent team this year. I'm so ambivalent about Philly haha....I have good friends that moved up here from southern NJ.

1990 -- Dave Poulin was traded to Boston for Ken Linseman. The stunned Poulin initially did not report to Boston but days later accepted a contract extension while Linseman was elated to be leaving coach Mike Milbury because "he didn't appreciate my abilities" after being reduced to a third line center. Poulin said "First, I wanted a commitment from the Bruins. I didn't want to be bouncing from one team to another, year-to-year, at this point in my career. And second, I have business interests in the Philadelphia area that I've worked hard to develop over the years -- so I'd have options. And finally, I have two young 3-year-old girls who, since the day they were born, have become very attached to the medical community around Philadelphia. They were born very early, prematurely, and my wife is now pregnant with our third, and the medical community is important to all of us."

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote