View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 11:35 AM
js10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
I was at the game last night and I didnt think it was so much that their team is sooo much more talented than ours because I was only impressed by the individual play of Crosbiatch on their team. It was more of the system they were playing. Literally every single time they came through the neutral zone, they did it with a ton of speed. Every time we came through, we dumped and chased.

I dont know exactly how they did it, but it was mesmerizing to watch. It was hockey at its finest and I cant help but think it is due to the system they play. They were able to make "blind" passes all night through the neutral zone because they knew exactly where every player was on the ice.

This is something that we are lacking desperately. We watch the Rangers play dump and ****ing chase all night, every night. I wish I knew enough to really pick apart the Pens system, but i dont.

I know there is a lot of hockey knowledge on these boards so if someone could tell me that I'm crazy or help elaborate on my point, that would be much appreciated.
I do not think it is that hard. Pens do long passes through the whole middle zone so if our dear Rangers were stuck to the boards, 3 on 2 and 2 on 1 situations were inevitable and deadly.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote