View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 03:29 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Here's why you're ignorant: I started arguing on these boards that Stevens sucked in his first full season coaching the team. I didn't arrive at that decision because he was fired.

Now, you would know that if you'd been around here, but you weren't (apparently). So, it's pure ignorance to suggest that I think Stevens is a bad coach because he got fired. I thought he was a bad coach for pretty much his entire tenure.

And that, phillyfanatic, is why what you wrote (paired with this post) is the definition of ignorance: you don't know what you're talking about.
Writing it four years ago makes it even worse! Unlike others on this board, I don't care how nasty your responses get - when your wrong, your wrong. Stevens was exactly what the young Flyers needed. He was promoted because of the success he had with the core players in the AHL the lockout year. He had the same success in the NHL with the same players and therefore, it was a good hire. I didn't complain when he was fired, it was time to hire someone else at that time.

On the X's and O's portion of coaching, we had Terry Murray to assist and he did a great job. The proof is in the success the team had in the Stevens years.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote