View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 03:58 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You didnt just defend the Shelly signing, the Gagne trade, and the Leighton pay raise all in one post did you?

Oh ****... I didnt know one can be this much of a Homer fan.
I am the biggest Homer fan of them all. I look at all the moves and the sum of the parts is worth so much more than the singular mistakes you all focus on. Gagne was a great trade - how is he doing this year? DId we use that 5 million to improve the team? Me thinks we did. Shelley is a four line four minute goon who make 1 million a year. Hardly a make or break transaction that you make it seem. And Leighton got 1.5 million for taking us to the Stanley Cup Finals. If we gave him 5 years at 3 million then I would be upset. This is a great team, how come you all have to focus on such insignificant moves when bashing Homer:

Briere, Pronger, Timonen, Hartnell, Coburn, Carle, OD, Meszaros, Giroux, Carter, Zherdev, Leighton, Leino, Betts, Laps, etc. All show up as positives and all add into the current team. Then you take away the bad, you have one of the best teams in hockey again. Just like every year in the Paul Holmgren era. False?

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote