How we got here!!!
View Single Post
12-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by
Good job, thanks... and after a quick review I have not uncovered any names misspelled; a few people will be elated with that.
Seriously, to me the proof is in the pudding... and we cannot predict with any certainty the future. The result of the change in management has netted the Flyers the following:
* Purging of deadwood in a floundering team.
* A quick one season progression from worst team in the NHL to a Conference Championship contender.
* Two visits to the Eastern Conference Championship Series.
* One trip to a Stanley Cup Finals which fell two games short of a Cup.
* Main core players locked up long-term during the period and/or going forward.
* Numerous former captains and/or team leaders obtained.
* Solid three defense pairings evolved to create arguably the best eight in NHL.
* Solid team down middle with depth on roster.
* Goaltending future upgraded and goalie made acquisitions capable enough to take well into postseason.
* Put in a possible position where only support players are required over the next few seasons with core set.
* Set in place replacements for aging Defensive players with Coburn, Carle and Meszaros acquired.
* Replaced departing wingers with ones with high upside (such as Leino).
* Use free agency well to supplement the home grown players.
* Traded well where progression has resulted in an upgrade. (Eminger, Lupul etc.)
* Found a way to use BOTH draft, Free Agency and trades to develop maintain contending team.
* Yada Yada Yada
... I would like to hear where Homer can be taken to task for the RESULTS he has had and the current makeup of this roster... without projecting into a future that we cannot know. The future can be adjusted and altered to take into account the Cap and state of the League. Based on results, the current management has done an excellent job IMO.
I need not add anything. Excellent.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by phillyfanatic