View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
This is not my argument, and I agree it's hard to compare different draft years with each other. I guess I would just like to see some progress from some of these draft picks.

Thomas Hickey was drafted to be an offensive d-man, he has yet to make that step even at the junior level, his production as a 19 year old junior player was the same as it was as a 17 year old. And now he is struggling offensively in Manchester. It's easy to say he is only 21, but when is he going to live up to the billing, saying he should be a good NHL'er might be a reach, but atleast be a good AHL'er.

Colten Teubert, well I must admit this is the first move where I really started to question what kind of team Lombardi was building. You trade arguably your most skilled player, a former 80 point player who was 26 at the time and you use the pick you got for him to draft Colten Teubert? A player whos absolute max out potential is another Bryan Marchment. And leaving all those much more talented players on the board was a joke/ Sorry that pick left me with a really bad taste in my mouth, and it gets worse and worse as each of those guys taken after him continues to shine in the NHL.

Even with all that I figured that within no more than a year Cammalleri would be replaced, here we are going on three years later and he hasn't been replaced.

Last edited by Herby: 12-01-2010 at 05:27 PM.