View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Isles727

vCash: 500
Fabulously stated. I have been saying this for a while that Bettman and NHL need to step in because Wang is embarrasing the league and the other 29 owners. If Wang thinks this is all going to go away, he is sadly mistaken. I professionally wrote to Bettman expressing my views and concerns about Wang, the whole Islanders situation, and warned him basically to be prepared for pre-Wang attendance figures of 5K a night. I told Bettman that the bankrupt Coyotes run by the league is better run than the Islanders. He has not responded. NHL Live and Bettman (for his radio show) said they were going to try to get Wang on but so far I guess no luck. There is NO way this can go on much longer (forget next 5 years). They need to find an owner who will come in and get to work on get a new arena alone instead of trying to build a city which everyone knew was never going to fly with the county. I feel bad for all the Islander fans that have supported Wang with the Lighthouse Project by attending hearings and rallies and now feel cheated by this man who really does not care about this franchise. He is forced to stay here because of the iron clad lease. Otherwise, he would be agressively looking at other options and in interim run a professional organization not a "Mickey Mouse" one. Any chance Terry Pegula would have an interest in the Islanders if he does not buy the Sabres? I sure hope so.

Isles727 is offline   Reply With Quote