View Single Post
Old
12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
You just can't go more the a minute at a time at this level. I don't think you understand the amount of energy expended during a 45 second shift. A tired, dead legged O'Reilly or Sully is far worse then a fresh Smithson or Tootoo.
Not to mention as far as matchups go, Nash would run wild with O'Reilly or Dumont in. It's punch-counterpunch. We had to counter, especially since we're the away team.
I realize that but Nash was out there practically double shifting. My point was Hornqvist and Dumont were basically fresh because they were on the bench for the entire third period and we play conservative, all the time. This is not a new thing, this has gone on for years. While I realize what Trotz is trying to do, get the point and possibly two, this is the same M.O. that gets us to the playoffs every year only to fail miserably because come playoff time you have to know how to play to win because if you don't you go home. In the regular season it works because you can come to play the next night. This won't change with Trotz at the helm.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote