View Single Post
Old
12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
MTK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilburyRuinedMyLife View Post
With the odds on the side of us being out of contention at the deadline and a number of potentially useful vets in the last year of their deals (Roloson, Wisniewski, Martinek, Weight, Moulson...) we should be able to pick up some extra picks or prospects. That said, will the fact that we're sitting on the cap floor prevent us from dumping some of these significant salaries? Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm worried that we won't be able to deal these guys because we'll need their salaries on the book to avoid violating the cap floor...
Picks is not what we need. We have had so many draft picks in the last couple years that we need bodies. There is only 50 contracts allowed and we have already lost some prospects due to not being able to offer them a contract.

I would try to resign Moulson, Wiz and Rolo for next season.

No one will want Weight, I would love to get rid of PAP and Shremp for nothing but no one wants them.

We need to try to see if we could trade for a useful player that needs a change of scenery. I think the last thing we need to be looking at is more draft picks.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote