View Single Post
Old
12-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
See, this is what I don't understand...how do you get into something like that with an English degree? I know an English degree can open a lot of doors, I just don't know how.
My dads friend got me a job out of college hahaha. Right now my title is administrative assistant, but I deal very little with actual administrative duties. I mostly work with facilities, and coordinating meeting and conference rooms and ****. I also work with autocad to help the engineering department out, and I just got sent for training a couple weeks back for digital media signage to help update the notifications around the campus. I literally just got stuck in a position where I do a little of everything. Bad thing about it is, a little of everything doesn't really help when you need a lot of one thing in particular. At this point, there's no way I will ever have a job with anything dealing with the english degree. If I could do it all over again, I would've either just got my teacher cert or majored in something like engineering, or anything that'll land you a job right away haha.