View Single Post
Old
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
  #491
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Probably. But not really.

Any play that increases the chance of goal for (no matter how it increases the probability of goal against) is a smart play when trailing two-nothing with two mins left.
So, you think a drop pass at the opposing teams blue line with the defense well organized in front of you (and your teammates are not expecting a drop pass) increased the probability of a goal for there?

However, I'll play along. Lets say the drop pass improved the chance of the Flyers scoring on that rush by 1% (I think that's generous). It improved the chance of a goal against by about 99%... as a turnover there pretty much guaranteed a goal against if the Bruins hit the net.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote