View Single Post
12-02-2010, 03:18 PM
vCash: 500
Definately may not compete with some of you guys. Very impressive, and hope for you guys that your collections continue to grow.

I myself cancelled my THN service about two years ago. I have not gone through the pile(s), but It should have most-to-all issues from 99 to 2008. For collection purposes continued to purchase all draft previews, yearbooks, and future watches however. I have all the yearbooks going back to 87, except 94 I believe.

Have about 20 issues of THN Inside hockey from the early 90s. Tremendous magazine if you get a chance to pick them up. I find these much easier to go back and read than old hockey news issues. Its not stats based, just very interesting interviews and and articles on all aspects of the game, on and off the ice.

Other magazines
Every Score forecaster preview going back to 2001,
Mckeens since 2005,
NHL official yearbook, 91, then 96-2004
Only two copies of NHL Scouting Report, 1997/98 and 02/03. Truly enjoy these aswell, greatly informative, detailed reports on the entire league.
NHL Guide and record book 97-2004.
NHL Sourcebook from 1987
Inside Hockey yearbooks 90/91 to 92/93
Maple Leaf media guides from 87 to 91, then a about 8 more from random years since

Another rather expensive collection I used to have n the early to mid 90s was purchasing programs from basically every game I went to, junior, NHL or Minors. I have about 70 Leafs programs from about 89 to 1999, until I stopped. Still occasionally pick one up as a keepsake, so I have about 20 in the years since, along with a few from Detroit and Buffalo

About 5 Hamilton Bulldogs programs from 96 to 99. They basically had the same program all year, so I countered by picking up Lineup cards from most games. I have about 30 of those with 30 lineup cards from Subdury Wolves and North Bay in the early 90s, and random ones from places I went once, like Saint John, St. John's, Acadie Bathurst.

Have about 30 hockey books to my name, but I dont often purchase them.

Ferjo is offline   Reply With Quote